Our Washable Silk has beauty and brains.
Machine wash with like colors. Use a mild detergent, but never bleach! We recommend using a small amount of an eco-friendly detergent.
- Always use the most gentle cycle your machine offers (Gentle/Delicates/Hand Wash settings are all great).
- Water temperature should be cold or warm, never hot.
- Set the spin cycle to the lowest spin setting.
- Avoid using fabric softener, which coats the fibers for short-term softness but causes brittleness over time. Replace with white vinegar, a great natural softener.
- Machine dry on medium to low heat.
- Dry with other items to ensure garment moves around.
- Remove promptly from the dryer and hang to avoid wrinkling.
NOTE: We strongly recommend machine drying to get a fluffy, ready-to-wear result. Line drying is OK, but it may feel stiff once dry. Use a handheld steamer (or hang in the shower) to soften.
- Soap build-up may occur from harsh detergents or fabric softeners. If this happens, soak or re-wash using a lesser amount of a mild detergent.
- To brighten silk and help color fastness, add 1/2 cup salt to your laundry water.
- As a natural fiber, colors may change or fade over time. To slow this process wash sparingly.
- Spot clean stains with a natural soap or colorless detergent: 1) gently rub bar on stain and wet slightly 2) rub stained areas together with fingers 3) rinse fully, then wash the garment, ideally before the treated area dries.
- Soaps with high natural fat content, like olive oil or goat's milk promote a rich lather that will help pull stains out of the fabric better than your average bar soap.
If you have any questions about care, please email email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you right away!